Evil Dead Wrath | Official Thread

Actually this reminded me of how critical he is about Army of Darkness and the comedic side of the franchise.
He likes AvED, it's just AOD he doesn't care for. He's got a major hateboner for MGM specifically, and I think it stems from what happened with Evil Dead: The Game. Dude takes every opportunity he can (especially very recently) to dog on them only to say "I've had private conversations where people have told me MGM are assholes to deal with." OK, dude.
While saying anyone who hates any of the modern movies is a "hater."
Again, which makes sense given that he's so "connected" to the people/studios making the modern movies that give him special treatment to go out and spread the word.
 
Kris from the Hail To The Deadites podcast. Basically the only Evil Dead-focused social media influencer.
This made me look up the podcast and realize they haven't updated in two years! Time flies. I'm curious about his connections he keeps claiming he has on Reddit (That is him, Hurley) since as far as I know they only ever booked Dana, Betsy and Lee Cronin and I'm guessing it's crew people he knows through the grapevine that are telling him things. I know he's an actor who's worked on several shorts and has been jonsing for decades to become a part of the franchise, but I guess I'd call him a microinfluencer considering how many Twitter and Twitch followers he has. Like I said, I appreciate some of the things he's done for the fandom, but then there's the other side of things. I think Kain banned him from the forum because of how he reacted to people having uneven reactions to the show, but that was years ago.

Basically, I'm a journalist and have been for decades and remain wary of anyone who says they have sources. /actually has sources. But yes, excuse my gossiping!
 
Last edited:

I Love Horror​

14 hours ago ·
Early test screening viewers hail Francis Galluppi's 'EVIL DEAD WRATH' as superior to both 'EVIL DEAD RISE' and 'EVIL DEAD BURN'
Directed by Galluppi (The Last Stop in Yuma County) and produced by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, the upcoming spin-off reportedly strikes a rare balance: pairing the brutal, practical body-horror chaos of Fede Álvarez’s 2013 film with relentless, claustrophobic suspense.
Audience members in attendance noted that while Rise brought the terror to an apartment complex and Burn embraced a family reunion setup, Wrath elevates the stakes with superior pacing, razor-sharp dark humor, and standout practical Gore-FX set pieces.
Evil Dead Wrath will premiere in cinemas on April 7, 2028.

That really sounds like AI generated writing, if I'm to be completely honest... Not only because of the impersonal tone and typical AI phrasing, but also because that last sentence before the release date doesn't even make any sense, what they're talking about in the first half of the sentence doesn't match what they're talking about in the second half.

By the way, I had no idea who this Kris person you're all talking about is, but the more you talked about him the more it started to sound familiar, so I finally looked for a picture of him and was struck by the biggest "oh, right, that guy" reaction I've had in a while. My interactions with him were always unpleasant around here and I remember the relief I felt when he was kicked out of the forums (or decided to leave on his own, don't remember) for not being able to handle disagreement way back when AvED was airing. Yeah, I'd take anything that guy says about any new ED release with a gigantic grain of salt.
 
Last edited:
Eh, I appreciate Kris' energy. He contacted me through Reddit recently, likely because I'm pretending so hard lately that I matter. Maybe I'll get to do an i terview if he ever revives the podcast.

As for the movie, I'm remaining optimistic, but we'll see. It's really gonna come down to the sclera lenses.
 
I’m always wary of influencers. They always seem like shills to me and rub me the wrong way. Full of toxic positivity like most of the internet these days. Everything is black or white. There’s no room for nuance anymore. I miss old school Evil Dead fans like Elise Holmes The Deadite Slayer. I wonder what she’s been up to.
 
Last edited:
I’m always wary of influencers. They always seem like shills to me and rub me the wrong way. Full of toxic positivity like most of the internet these days. Everything is black or white. There’s no room for nuance anymore. I miss old school Evil Dead fans like Elise Holmes the Deadite Slayer. I wonder what she’s been up to.

I think about Elise at least once every few months. I hope she's well, she disappeared from the forum during Covid and I've always wondered about that.
 
Eh, I appreciate Kris' energy. He contacted me through Reddit recently, likely because I'm pretending so hard lately that I matter. Maybe I'll get to do an i terview if he ever revives the podcast.

As for the movie, I'm remaining optimistic, but we'll see. It's really gonna come down to the sclera lenses.

I'm glad you've had positive interactions with him!

I'm crossing my fingers on the movie, too.
 
That really sounds like AI generated writing, if I'm to be completely honest... Not only because of the impersonal tone and typical AI phrasing, but also because that last sentence before the release date doesn't even make any sense, what they're talking about in the first half of the sentence doesn't match what they're talking about in the second half.

By the way, I had no idea who this Kris person you're all talking about is, but the more you talked about him the more it started to sound familiar, so I finally looked for a picture of him and was struck by the biggest "oh, right, that guy" reaction I've had in a while. My interactions with him were always unpleasant around here and I remember the relief I felt when he was kicked out of the forums (or decided to leave on his own, don't remember) for not being able to handle disagreement way back when AvED was airing. Yeah, I'd take anything that guy says about any new ED release with a gigantic grain of salt.

Same experience for me - oh that guy, he's still around?
 
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Maybe I'll get to do an i terview if he ever revives the podcast.
I think there's some legal stuff with Hail To The Deadites since its technically a spin-off of that documentary of the same name, so I wouldn't expect it to be coming back any time soon. BUT... our very own Evil Dead Italia is getting ready to re-launch his show again, and Spudd of armyofdarknesscomics is always looking to interview people!
I miss old school Evil Dead fans like Elise Holmes The Deadite Slayer. I wonder what she’s been up to.
It seems like a lot of the old school Evil Dead website operators just up and vanish... The Deadite Slayer, Rob of bookofthedead.ws, probably a few others I'm drawing a blank on.
 
I think there's some legal stuff with Hail To The Deadites since its technically a spin-off of that documentary of the same name, so I wouldn't expect it to be coming back any time soon. BUT... our very own Evil Dead Italia is getting ready to re-launch his show again, and Spudd of armyofdarknesscomics is always looking to interview people!

It seems like a lot of the old school Evil Dead website operators just up and vanish... The Deadite Slayer, Rob of bookofthedead.ws, probably a few others I'm drawing a blank on.
I'm still in touch with Rob. He's been making Blu Ray box sets of cult TV series and movie marathons from largely UK 80's to 90's broadcasts for some time now, his latest is a Sci Fi weekends UK TV broadcast box set so he's still active.

I'm sure he won't mind me sharing this here ..

 
Last edited:
I'm still in touch with Rob. He's been making Blu Ray box sets of cult TV series and movie marathons from largely UK 80's to 90's broadcasts for some time now, his latest is a Sci Fi weekends UK TV broadcast box set so he's still active.

I'm sure he won't mind me sharing this here ..


Oh yay! I think he popped up here a few months ago as well!

I think there's some legal stuff with Hail To The Deadites since its technically a spin-off of that documentary of the same name, so I wouldn't expect it to be coming back any time soon. BUT... our very own Evil Dead Italia is getting ready to re-launch his show again, and Spudd of armyofdarknesscomics is always looking to interview people!

It seems like a lot of the old school Evil Dead website operators just up and vanish... The Deadite Slayer, Rob of bookofthedead.ws, probably a few others I'm drawing a blank on.

Well heck, that's new info! Congrats to them!
 
Got some info on Deadite Slayer, seems she is still around and is doing well after the pandemic and are just working at home, looks like it was just a lack of motivation to keeping going with the blog.

@TheDeaditeSlayer
6 months ago
Hey there. Thank you for the comment. Unfortunately the COVID pandemic had me switch to working from home and I lost the only decent place to film my videos as a result. I’d rather not make new videos plus as of 2023 I also really slowed down on collecting for multiple reasons. Thank you for checking in though!
@TheDeaditeSlayer
1 year ago (edited)
After the pandemic I was transitioned to work from home which eliminated the only good spot in the apartment to show stuff off and it killed my motivation to continue with the channel.

Source for the quotes (in the comment section on the recent option) :
 
God, it's good to know she made it through the pandemic OK; I haven't heard from her in ages! Thank you, Joe, you're a peach!
 
Rumors about a certain cameo in Wrath is trickling out into the mainstream, and Dread Central has a thinkpiece about it. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:

I'm really torn about this, though I absolutely expect it to happen and be true. On one hand, I'm tired of the recent trend of shoehorning continuity (bringing with it plenty of errors), into every franchise simply for the "wow" moment and online gossip. The post credit scene in Burn is the perfect example of shoehorning. But, on the other hand, it does give some connectivity to a horror franchise whereas most of the other major franchises have been potpourri offerings that have little in common from entry to entry aside from the name and the main killer.

Also, said returning character is probably the one I would most like to see more of.
Pablo, Kelly, and Brandy have no business being in these current movies, especially without Ash. Ellie already had her comeback moment forced on us, and nobody from Burn was very interesting. That also leaves Beth, but what about the baby? Is she going to fight evil while pregnant or with a baby on her hip? Too many questions and potential plot holes there. If they're going to bring anyone back for an encore and potential future, it seems Mia is the only option.
 
According to trusted source, apparently the test screening went over VERY well last night. Been browsing the usual platforms and have found nothing in regards to plot info (yet), so they may be cracking down on leaks following the previous screening.
 
Top Bottom