Action Figures ´n Stuff

DeadByDawn

Loud Mouth Braggart
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
I'm playin with the thought of getting some figures including Evil Dead ones of course, now if i do get some, should i let them in the box or should i do the unspeakable and take them out of the box ? haha i'm so insecure  :laughing

What about you people, are you the kind of person that keeps everthing mint in box or do you "take it all out" ?  :laughing

If I had enough money i'd buy everything twice.  :laughing

(If i do i would probably take them out to display them the fancy way lol)

header.jpg
 
It depends on why you’re buying them I suppose.

Are you buying them as an investment, with the intent of selling them again later on, or are you buying them because you want to keep them, display them in cool action poses, and enjoy looking at them on your shelf?

Personally, I only buy the odd figure because I want to enjoy them. If they come in a paper box, I keep it, otherwise, plastic packaging gets ripped open and tossed away.

You can’t recreate cool action poses from the movies, like the one in your post, with all your figures trapped in their original packages, right?

Have fun collecting!
 
I keep mine un-opened ... the packaging itself is part of the whole thing to me + I'd feel a bit embaressed playing with them ..... to contradict myself though, I broke and took out my Sideshow S-Mart Ash and had him displayed for a while a few years back in a flat I shared. It got filthy so I actually hand washed 'his' clothes, washed 'him' and he's back in the box now. I took my NECA bobble head Ash out of the box once then put him staight back in. The box is battered so I probably shouldn't worry so much  :) ..
 
As far as figures go I don't like to open them, I have the Freddy vs Jason Delux boxset and the 12" Spawn Wings of Redemption figures that I bought a long time ago that I haven't opened, I don't plan on selling them, I just like to have them in perfect condition, although the boxes do have some shelf wear. If you're going to buy Evil Dead figures on ebay be careful cause I bought the 18" Army of Darkness Ash and the person said that it was brand new in the box, well when I received it did came with the original box but the tape that seals the box had been cut, so to me it wasn't brand new, so just a little heads up.
 
I have the original Movie maniacs Ash, Evil Ash and Deluxe pit witch and ash 2 pack still sealed from when they were first released, although the plastic on Ash has started to go yellow. You could always buy2 of each figure or buy them loose for display.
 
Jake Maverick link said:
I'm after those Leading Edge 25mm metal figures...if anybody knows where I can get some? managed to find a look alikey.....but not quite a real ash...for a diorama, one of many i'm planning....

I have the Ash figure, its painted too  :cool
 
Names_Ash_Housewares link said:
[quote author=Jake Maverick link=topic=1063.msg7525#msg7525 date=1371500930]
I'm after those Leading Edge 25mm metal figures...if anybody knows where I can get some? managed to find a look alikey.....but not quite a real ash...for a diorama, one of many i'm planning....

I have the Ash figure, its painted too  :cool
[/quote]

Aaargh! I only have one of the six sets. They do not come cheap those figures. And every time I look lately they're either incomplete sets or the exact same one I have. Kinda sucks. Helps my wallet though. ;)
 
Top Bottom