Army of Darkness 20th Anniversary Director's Cut Blu-Ray

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Location
NYC
I just stumbled upon this on Amazon. Anyone know when this was released, spec details, and what region?

91jhtvaUiyL._SX522_.jpg


http://www.amazon.com/Army-Darkness-20th-Anniversary-Directors/dp/B00W630WT8/
 
According to Amazon:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Official Via Vision Entertainment (Australia) blu-ray of the film Army of Darkness: 20th Anniversary Director's Cut (1992), directed by Sam Raimi and starring Bruce Campbell. This blu-ray is coded Region Free and is compatible with players in the USA and worldwide. Blu-ray: Region Free - Language/Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 - Subtitles: English - Video: 1080p HD, Widescreen, 1.78:1 - Running Time: 96 minutes - Special Features: Art Gallery[/font]

Looks like it was released by Australia company "Via Vision Entertainment" and a few sites say it is region free. Seems like it might just be a bare bones BR release of the Director's Cut.

Apparently this came out in late 2013.

That's all I got.
 
Are you guys just now discovering this? This has out been for a while.

I sent a link to the deadite stayer on google plus a year ago about this,
Did the information not get passed down?
 
There are so many releases that go under our radar. It's hard to keep track.
 
I will try to find out more on features.

Update

http://www.bigw.com.au/product/army-of-darkness-20th-anniversary-directors-cut/p/WCC100000000053669/

Go to the link and click the image of the back of the blu ray,
There you see the extras of the blu Ray which is just a photo 
gallery.

This blu ray was put out by 
Via Vision Entertainment and
madman Entertainment from
Australia.

There is more info here http://dvdexotica.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-definitive-army-of-darkness-many.html

Give or take some mistakes by review.

Overall blu ray may be the MGM cut in hd,
But im not sure.

To make sure other things have not gone under your radars
Please go here http://www.blu-ray.com/search/?quicksearch=1&quicksearch_country=all&quicksearch_keyword=Army+of+darkness&section=bluraymovies
 
Cheers for the info ... anything you want to know, please ask us ..
 
Swofty said:
Cheers for the info ... anything you want to know, please ask us ..

There is something I don't know.

There is this the evil dead DVD that was shown 
IN the evil dead hail to the king booklet.

was it just a made up thing? Or is
It a real dvd?

And no its not the jewel case one.
 
Please don't shout ..  I've got a headache ! :D ..... which DVD specifically are you talking about because there's a few in that pic (as well as VHS releases) .. all the ones pictured in your link are legitimate Anchor Bay releases. The only Evil Dead released products I'm aware of that were released inside a 'book' were the foam latex German Book of the Dead and later the official Tom Sullivan sculpted Book of the Dead edition that came with a booklet  .. other than that, I haven't seen an Evil Dead disc released inside a booklet ... yet ...
 
Swofty said:
Please don't shout ..  I've got a headache ! :D ..... which DVD specifically are you talking about because there's a few in that pic (as well as VHS releases) .. all the ones pictured in your link are legitimate Anchor Bay releases. The only Evil Dead released products I'm aware of that were released inside a 'book' were the foam latex German Book of the Dead and later the official Tom Sullivan sculpted Book of the Dead edition that came with a booklet  .. other than that, I haven't seen an Evil Dead disc released inside a booklet ... yet ...

I didn't shout I don't know why it keeps doing that 
I don't have control of it.

I'm talking about the DVD of the first evil dead
I can't seem to find that, I know there is a
jewel case version.

But that DVD is clearly not that DVD.

I believe I think I saw that particular DVD on ebay around 2001 or 2002.
 
I wish that was my website but it all the work of  EvilDeadChainswas who mods here ... it's a bit good isn't it ? :cool:
 
Swofty said:
I wish that was my website but it all the work of  EvilDeadChainswas who mods here ... it's a bit good isn't it ? :cool:

A lot of great stuff! :)

I wonder if all the scan is from his own collection or just scan.  If he need scan from my VHS I can do one. ;)
 
Ask him .. he's not a dick .. click on his name and you'll get a private message option ..
 
I'm pretty sure he takes content donations!   I know that's a thing for certain when it comes to stills.
 
Top Bottom