Army of Darkness and Evil Dead (2013) 4k Blu-ray remasters release date announced

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Location
NYC
Scream Factory finally announced a release date for the 4K remaster of Army of Darkness! September 27th!

aod_4k_blu-ray_mega_bundle.jpg


 
Last edited:
It was total craziness going on earlier when Shout Factory listed the major set for $125 to $52.70. A major system and pricing error on Shout Factory's end.

They resolved the issue and charged the ones who bought it (and those who hoarded it) it earlier and gave a $5 credit for the price mistake.
 
Last edited:
Yeah they refunded me. I ended up just getting the steelbook. I don't need all those extra trinkets.
 
I'm waiting on the extras to find out if this is worth upgrading over, since I'm super happy with the Blu/DVD combo I got. Covers are gorgeous though.
 
What a Jam-Packed Features for the upcoming Army Of Darkness 4k!


From Scream "Shout" Factory:

***OFFICIAL EXTRAS ANNOUNCEMENT***

We've gathered the most powerful extras from the Dark Ages onward for the upcoming ARMY OF DARKNESS 4K UHD, available October 4th in your local S-Mart!

DISC ONE (THEATRICAL CUT – 4K UHD):
-NEW 2022 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative approved by director Sam Raimi, director of photography Bill Pope, and editor Bob Murawski
-.In Dolby Vision (HDR Compatible)
-DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

DISC TWO (THEATRICAL CUT – BLU-RAY):
-NEW 2022 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative approved by director Sam Raimi, director of photography Bill Pope, and editor Bob Murawski
-DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
-Medieval Times: The Making of “Army Of Darkness” feature-length documentary with over 20 people interviewed including Star & Co-Producer Bruce Campbell, Actors Ted Raimi, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman and many more…
-Original Ending
-Alternate Opening with optional commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
-Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
-Theatrical Trailer
-TV Spots
-U.S. Video Promo

DISC THREE – (DIRECTOR’S CUT – BLU-RAY):
-DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
-Audio Commentary With Director Sam Raimi, Actor Bruce Campbell, And Co-Writer Ivan Raimi
-Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects
-Creating the Deadites – Vintage Featurette
-Vintage "Making Of" Featurette
-Extended Interview Clips With Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, And Robert Tapert

DISC FOUR – (INTERNATIONAL CUT – BLU-RAY):
-DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0 (International Cut)
-Television Version With Additional Footage (Standard Definition)
-International Theatrical Trailer
-Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos From Production Designer Anthony Tremblay, Visual Effects Supervisor William Mesa And Special Make-Up Effects -Artists Tony Gardner And KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
-Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos From The Collection Of Super Fan Dennis Carter Jr.
-Storyboards For Deleted Or Alternate Scenes
-The Men Behind The Army – Vintage Featurette
 
Hmm, judging from this there isn't anything new here aside from maybe the photo galleries; I think all of this is on the Scream Factory release.
 
So I got my steelbook last week. The steelbook is nice but sorry to say the 4k remaster doesn't look much better than the regular blu-ray.
 
October 9th was the 30th anniversary of Army of Darkness premiering at a film festival, and while I like all these releases I still watch my trusty Boomstick Edition.
 
So it was something of a false alarm. Turns out that Shout Factory is just closing the direct shop on their website and they just want to flush out a lot of the backstock before doing so. They're still gonna be in the physical media game, but sold through regular online and physical retailers.
 
Top Bottom