Evil Dead Trivia Video Shorts

MCT28

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
After growing irritated with the amount of "low effort" YouTubers who talk about the Evil Dead franchise... not the podcasters or replica makers or anything like that... I'm talking about the lazy bums who just copy-paste Evil Dead Wiki articles into their scripts and call it a day without any further research or make an effort to make it sound like their own work. Anyway... after seeing tons of those videos dominate the Evil Dead side of the YouTube algorithm, I thought to myself "Hey... I've got a basic understanding of editing videos in Microsoft Clipchamp... I've got a wealth of Evil Dead trivia in my mind that is barely touched upon online... why can't I be the change I want to see?" So I've decided to throw my hat into the ring with a few YouTube shorts that serve as a small sampler for the kind of things I want to do... although before I go too far into this venture, I would very much like some constructive criticism, suggestions, and maybe a few video ideas from the fine folks of this fourm.

 
Please make all your video widescreen. There's no reason to make them weirdly cropped in portrait view. Sorry, it's a big pet peeve of mine. Are you using an AI voiceover?
 
Please make all your video widescreen. There's no reason to make them weirdly cropped in portrait view. Sorry, it's a big pet peeve of mine.
This particular batch is intentionally designed for YouTube shorts and TikTok, so that's why they are in portrait. They're meant to be "proof of concept" clips to generate interest in seeing what the people would want in a more traditional long-form video... like, I want to do a longer video that's a full-blown deep-dive into the easter eggs of Evil Dead: The Game, hence why two of these videos touch on that subject... to cast my line out into that part of the algorithm and see if people bite.
Are you using an AI voiceover?
Yes. I'm using the free ElevenLabs text to speech program... while I do have a face for radio, sadly I do not possess a voice someone would want to listen to for an extended period of time (nor do I possess the means to record it).
 
In honor of Ash Wednesday (which I totally did not forgot was happening about until yesterday afternoon), I've decided to make a few more Evil Dead trivia shorts! One covering last-minute changes to Army of Darkness, and another covering a subtle Xena: Warrior Princess easter egg in Ash vs Evil Dead. I've got several ideas for a few more shorts I want to make this week, but like I mentioned before, I'm always open to suggestions!
 
In honor of Ash Wednesday (which I totally did not forgot was happening about until yesterday afternoon), I've decided to make a few more Evil Dead trivia shorts! One covering last-minute changes to Army of Darkness, and another covering a subtle Xena: Warrior Princess easter egg in Ash vs Evil Dead. I've got several ideas for a few more shorts I want to make this week, but like I mentioned before, I'm always open to suggestions!
Great stuff. I'd like to see you make a short of real life examples of stuff we see portrayed in the fictional Evil Dead universe. There are actual examples of books bound in human skin, a real life mechanical medieval hand exists and peoples hair turning white overnight (although not instantly like Evil Dead 2) are all recorded.

I've posted all three here in the past but please be patient with me to try to re find the links if you want to make a video about them.

edit: here's a ton of real medieval iron hands that I've only just discovered ..


and ..

 
Last edited:
I'd like to see you make a short of real life examples of stuff we see portrayed in the fictional Evil Dead universe.
I don't want to spoil too much, but the objects (like the Necronomicon, Ash's gauntlet, and the Kandarian Dagger) are getting their own more traditional long-form videos that will touch on their real life "inspirations", but I suppose shorts can generate interest in that topic...
 
I don't want to spoil too much, but the objects (like the Necronomicon, Ash's gauntlet, and the Kandarian Dagger) are getting their own more traditional long-form videos that will touch on their real life "inspirations", but I suppose shorts can generate interest in that topic...
You've also got canitise subita .. cases of people's hair suddenly turning white. This often happens during moments of extreme stress although, again, I haven't heard of any examples happening as quickly as Ash in Evil Dead 2.

A British library not so long admitted to owning a book bound in human skin. From memory, this was because the person had been a murderer a few hundred years ago. Also Ilse Koch, Nazi guard who used the skins of prisoners like Ed Gein would so it was a book, a lampshade etc etc .. the U.S. troops seized all of that stuff when the Auschwitz concentration camp was liberated.


'There are many examples of books bound in human skin that date from ancient times through the 20th century. In the 2010s, peptide mass fingerprinting technology provided the opportunity to test books in libraries, archives, and private collections which were purported to be bound using the skin of humans.[7][8] In the first five years of testing, over half of the books tested with this technology were confirmed to be bound with human skin.[9][10]'
 
After growing irritated with the amount of "low effort" YouTubers who talk about the Evil Dead franchise... not the podcasters or replica makers or anything like that... I'm talking about the lazy bums who just copy-paste Evil Dead Wiki articles into their scripts and call it a day without any further research or make an effort to make it sound like their own work. Anyway... after seeing tons of those videos dominate the Evil Dead side of the YouTube algorithm, I thought to myself "Hey... I've got a basic understanding of editing videos in Microsoft Clipchamp... I've got a wealth of Evil Dead trivia in my mind that is barely touched upon online... why can't I be the change I want to see?" So I've decided to throw my hat into the ring with a few YouTube shorts that serve as a small sampler for the kind of things I want to do... although before I go too far into this venture, I would very much like some constructive criticism, suggestions, and maybe a few video ideas from the fine folks of this fourm.

Here's another fun bit of trivia you could include in one of your videos if you want to. Obviously not actual blood but another example of life imitating art:

'The popular Silver and Red Beach on Hormuz Island saw scenes of horror, as its mineral-rich coast was soaked by heavy rainfall which caused a bizarre phenomenon.'



bizarre-blood-rain-phenomenon-sees-979326603.jpg


'The frightening yet unique scenes are a year-round attraction at the coast, caused by the high iron oxide content in the volcanic soil.


These minerals mix with the heavy tide to give the shoreline a bright red colour, which looks as if someone has dropped a large bucket or red paint in the sea.'

".. It was written long ago when the seas ran red with blood."

 
Last edited:
Another amusing 'thing'. This happened last night over England with 'ending of Evil Dead 2' looking vibes ..

24/03/2025

'There are some great photos over Morecambe Bay from tonight. They all show a glowing spiral pattern blue\white co!our.

Some people think it is a fuel dump from a Starlink satellite.'

'It does look like something to do with a rocket launch.
Edit this was taken about 2 hours after the launch of a SpaceX Falcon 9 carrying a sensitive payload
and so may have been associated with that or the second stage.'

'Looks like the ending of Evil Dead 2. Did a bloke with a chainsaw for a hand fall out of it?.'

aMorcambe bay crop.jpg
 

Archaeologists discover the lost 'Book of the Dead' buried for thousands of years​


"Book of the Dead" found with the dead.

Archaeologists excavating a 3,500-year-old cemetery have discovered an ancient Egyptian "Book of the Dead" filled with spells to guide the deceased in the afterlife.

The scroll, which was revealed as part of a presentation of the latest archaeological finds from the Tuna al-Gebel cemetery in central Egypt, is estimated to be 43 to 49 feet long. Such scrolls were a common component of burials in ancient Egypt, and their incantations were a form of supernatural "travel insurance", according to Sara Cole, an assistant curator in the Antiquities Department at the J. Paul Getty Museum, speaking to The New York Times.


An early examination of the scroll found in Tuna al-Gebel revealed a mention of the "Book of the Dead," the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities said in a statement on October 15 translated from Arabic.

The scroll was not the only treasure found at the site, which was established during the New Kingdom dating back to circa 1550 to 1070 BCE. Archaeologists found mummies, thought to belong to high-ranking officials, some of which were still in their ornate stone sarcophagi in good state of preservation, per Live Science. This includes the mummy of Ta-de-Isa, the daughter of a high priest, Live Science reported.

Finding a copy of the "Book of the Dead" is not that uncommon. But it is "very rare" to find one still in the grave where it was buried, Foy Scalf, an Egyptologist at the University of Chicago, told Live Science in an email.

https://www.sciencealert.com/3500-y...uide-the-dead-uncovered-with-egyptian-mummies
 
Top Bottom