Looking for a gift idea?

kerryball

Primitive Screwhead
Joined
Jul 3, 2024
Location
Montgomery
Hello,

I'm new here. I'm looking for a gift idea for my boyfriend, who's a huge fan of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness.

He's got some posters, I believe some comics and a few other novelty things for AOD. I don't believe he has anything that has a lot of worth or value, though.

So, I'm looking to find a gift for him for our 1st anniversary. My max would be about $100. Thing is, while he's a huge fan, it's just not my thing (no offense!). But I would love to get him a gift he loves. If someone could please give me gift ideas, something I could get him that he'd love that relates to AOD, I would really appreciate it. I don't really know what to look for, or where to go to find it. I can't really ask him too many questions and make it obvious that I'm trying to find a gift for him, so when I came across this forum when I was playing around on google I got pretty excited.
 
First thing that came to my mind was like a collectible statue of Ash, but those are usually quite pricey...maybe used items would be cheaper. But that might not make a good impression as a birthday gift. Or maybe a replica of either the book, dagger, chainsaw....but again those might also go above 100$
Click here for example :)
He probably has the movies already, but a box set of all the movies maybe
Or clothes? Maybe a hoodie and some shirts shouldnt be too expensive
Orrrr build something yourself haha, or dress up as a character from the movies :p
 
Gamestop has a new exclusive Army of Darkness Ash Funko Pop for $24.99.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...ash-williams-4.35-in-vinyl-figure/403774.html

Funko-POP-DVD-Cover-Army-of-Darkness-Ash-Williams-4.35-in-Vinyl-Figure


And the new chainsaw is slightly over your budget at $139.99 (it isn't an exclusive,) but they missed out on an opportunity to sell it for $109.95 like Ash's boomstick in the movie which retails for about $109.95 at S-Mart. Shop smart shop S-Mart.

Army-of-Darkness-Ashs-Chainsaw-Electronic-Prop-Replica
 
Gamestop has a new exclusive Army of Darkness Ash Funko Pop for $24.99.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...ash-williams-4.35-in-vinyl-figure/403774.html

Funko-POP-DVD-Cover-Army-of-Darkness-Ash-Williams-4.35-in-Vinyl-Figure


And the new chainsaw is slightly over your budget at $139.99 (it isn't an exclusive,) but they missed out on an opportunity to sell it for $109.95 like Ash's boomstick in the movie which retails for about $109.95 at S-Mart. Shop smart shop S-Mart.

Army-of-Darkness-Ashs-Chainsaw-Electronic-Prop-Replica
Very cool ideas, especially the chainsaw, thanks a lot!
 
Very cool ideas, especially the chainsaw, thanks a lot!

Even though I'm not a big collector myself that is what we are here for after all these years of Evil Dead fandom. 2025 will be 30 years since I saw Evil Dead 2 in between Hercules season 1 and season 2. Xena's premiere episode Sins of the Past aired along with a Hercules season 2 episode called The King of Thieves featuring Bruce as Autolycus for the first time, but Xena is more memorable and they are still doing conventions... and if not for The Evil Dead we wouldn't have gotten a lot of other great things that came after that.
 
Hello,

I'm new here. I'm looking for a gift idea for my boyfriend, who's a huge fan of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness.

He's got some posters, I believe some comics and a few other novelty things for AOD. I don't believe he has anything that has a lot of worth or value, though.

So, I'm looking to find a gift for him for our 1st anniversary. My max would be about $100. Thing is, while he's a huge fan, it's just not my thing (no offense!). But I would love to get him a gift he loves. If someone could please give me gift ideas, something I could get him that he'd love that relates to AOD, I would really appreciate it. I don't really know what to look for, or where to go to find it. I can't really ask him too many questions and make it obvious that I'm trying to find a gift for him, so when I came across this forum when I was playing around on google I got pretty excited.
It’s great that you’re putting so much thought into finding the perfect gift for your boyfriend! Since he's a fan of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness, consider something more unique like a replica of Ash’s chainsaw hand or a collector's edition prop from the movie, which could make for a cool display piece. Another idea could be a high-quality Army of Darkness action figure or an autographed item from one of the movie’s stars, which would be a special addition to his collection. You might find these items on dedicated pop culture websites, eBay, or even specialty shops for horror movie memorabilia.
 
It’s great that you’re putting so much thought into finding the perfect gift for your boyfriend! Since he's a fan of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness, consider something more unique like a replica of Ash’s chainsaw hand or a collector's edition prop from the movie, which could make for a cool display piece. Another idea could be a high-quality Army of Darkness action figure or an autographed item from one of the movie’s stars, which would be a special addition to his collection. You might find these items on dedicated pop culture websites, eBay,Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, plan a surprise trip to https://kingjohnniecasinologin.com/ or even specialty shops for horror movie memorabilia.

Thank you for the suggestions! I love the idea of getting him something really unique like a replica chainsaw hand or a collector's edition prop. An autographed item would definitely be a special touch, especially since he’s such a huge fan. I’ll check out those websites and look for something that would be both meaningful and a standout addition to his collection.
 
Last edited:
First thing that came to my mind was like a collectible statue of Ash, but those are usually quite pricey...maybe used items would be cheaper. But that might not make a good impression as a birthday gift. Or maybe a replica of either the book, dagger, chainsaw....but again those might also go above 100$
Click here for example :)
He probably has the movies already, but a box set of all the movies maybe
Or clothes? Maybe a hoodie and some shirts shouldnt be too expensive
Orrrr build something yourself haha, or dress up as a character from the movies

​

Those are all great ideas! A custom hoodie or DIY gift sounds fun and thoughtful. really unique ideas :)
 
Last edited:
I bought this Necronomicon wallet like 7 years ago and it's still serving me well. It could be a great gift on a reasonable budget that I definitely recommend.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Gamestop has a new exclusive Army of Darkness Ash Funko Pop for $24.99.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...ash-williams-4.35-in-vinyl-figure/403774.html

Funko-POP-DVD-Cover-Army-of-Darkness-Ash-Williams-4.35-in-Vinyl-Figure


And the new chainsaw is slightly over your budget at $139.99 (it isn't an exclusive,) but they missed out on an opportunity to sell it for $109.95 like Ash's boomstick in the movie which retails for about $109.95 at S-Mart. Shop smart shop S-Mart.

Army-of-Darkness-Ashs-Chainsaw-Electronic-Prop-Replica
Thanks for the info — that’s a great addition to a collection!
If you’d like, I can check whether they ship to Ukraine or look for a pickup option — interested?
 
Top Bottom