Sam and Rob: The Poltergiest remake ..

Swofty

Unseen Force
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55316

I love Poltegiest .. have done since I saw it as a little kid and in many respects it still stands up today .. You cant re-make perfection but if you're going to try at least the original will still exist if you get it wrong .. was it Tobe Hooper's or Spielberg's movie arguement withstanding .. Spielberg isn't directing the Evil Dead remake .. can Sam and Rob direct a Spielberg remake? .. hate to be negative before the finished result, but the conflicting directorial styles are too wildly different for me to look forward to this one. Plus, Sam and Rob (amongst others) are only on the producer list here. I never thought I'd join the list of damn it before it exsists people but what's next?... a remake of Jaws? .. Raiders of the Lost Ark? .. If they're stepping into Spielberg's shoes, they have to get it right.
 
Nick el Ass link said:
I'm so over the whole remake thing, and would love to see something original for once. I'm afraid it will never end though.

QFT.
 
Hollywood really needs to get a life. All they do now is remake old movies or go and spin a classic tv show into a movie. What ever happened to someone creating something original using their own imagination. Poltergeist was a true classic thru all 3 movies. Granted the sequels weren't as good as the original but they still held their own in comparison to the series. Its really sad now that just about anyone can come up with something and it will sound better then what Hollywood is doing now. I rarely even watch mainstream movies anymore more often then not i lean towards the straight to DVD movies I find many of those to be better and at least somewhat original I also hate constant sequels for the most part. Take Saw for example I loved the first one I thought it was orginal but they killed it by like 6 sequels that were all pretty much the same thing. It lost its orginality. .
 
I think for a example of a remake that annoyed everyone you could look no further than the 2010 A Nightmare On Elm Street. One thing that still annoys me is that the directer Samuel Bayer had only directed music videos before so I always thought they should of given it to someone else to have a crack at. Robert Englund's directed before why didn't they ask him and then he would've stopped it before it started and they would've done rewrites and then I wouldn't be here complaing. This is the way Hollywood work they don't see the fandom they just see a contract and a man with a type writer which as a horror film saddens me. Also Friday The 13Th remake coming out in March well I don't know for sure but Total Film have reported it and so has IMDb but Total Film claim they fail to see why its needed.
 
Thought it might be worth posting the first trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JdnsO_e5pDs

It's amusing how many people seem to think Sam directed it when he just produced it.

Also
POINTS OFF FOR NOT NAMING THE DAUGHTER CAROL-ANNE.
 
I honestly don't care. As long as people watch remakes, they'll just keep on making them.
 
Find Out If Someone Died In Your House…

Talk about a morbid promotion.

Have you ever wondered if someone died in your home? I actually never thought about it, but now I know, nobody has. But what about you?

DiedInHouse.com will uncover the secrets buried in homes across the US.

At the end of the Poltergeist trailer (debuting tomorrow, February 5th at 9:00amPST) fans will receive an exclusive promo code. Those who visit DiedinHouse.com will for a limited time, enter the promo code POLTERGEIST to learn the truth about their home.

Diedinhouse.com is the first of its kind, web-based service that helps you find out if anyone has died at any valid US address. Died In House™ instantly searches millions of records to determine if a death has occurred at this location ..

Snazzy promotion, I'd be very surprised if this wasn't Raimi's idea and it ties in perfectly with the Poltergeist story! ..
 
Elise41 link said:
I honestly don't care. As long as people watch remakes, they'll just keep on making them.

Indeed. Now they are starting to remake movies that are less than 10 years old such as I Am Legend which has been done to death... and no one seems to be able to get it right. I was snooping around IMDB which as we know isn't always right, and saw that Tom Cruise was listed as someone who was up for the main roll in Poltergeist 2015 which would be kind of scary in and of itself.
 
I'm pretty eh on the whole effect, TBH.  And I'm definitely not planning on going to see it.

Pft, that promotion: I see them trying to William Castle this!

(also thanks for fixing my html, Kain, I'm still not used to embedding stuff to the board!) 
 
Top Bottom