Evil Dead: The Game has been delisted from Playstation Store and Epic Games

It really is a damn shame how things turned out with it, but it was a nice 40th anniversary of the franchise celebration while it lasted.
 
Sucks. I bought the game but never really got into it. I wish they made it completely single-player or let fans run their own multiplayer servers.
 
I bought the game a month ago when it was 70% off. Even though I bought it for XBOX, the sale was across all platforms and now it makes sense why: they knew they'll be delisting the game soon so they put it on sale to milk as much money from it as possible while they can.

The most important question now is how long will it take before they shut down the servers. It probably wont be right away so that they don't have to deal with returns from people who just now bought it, but I have no idea how long it will actually take. A month? Three months? Half a year? I wish they would at least tell us.
 
I never played the game but I've just learned that the soundtrack for it was released as a vinyl record collectable.

Indeed it was. You could only get it through the Collector's Edition... the problem was that the records weren't ready when the Collector's Edition shipped, so they inserted a piece of paper saying "we'll send you the record later" and a printed "poster" of the record's cover in the space where the record was supposed to be. Thankfully, I've very wisely held on to the letter, the fake cover, and kept the record in the plastic.
 
May 13th is the 3 year anniversary of the games release, and September is the 2nd since they stopped content aside from the random quick match option. So this isn't shocking.

I bought the game a month ago when it was 70% off. Even though I bought it for XBOX, the sale was across all platforms and now it makes sense why: they knew they'll be delisting the game soon so they put it on sale to milk as much money from it as possible while they can.

The most important question now is how long will it take before they shut down the servers. It probably wont be right away so that they don't have to deal with returns from people who just now bought it, but I have no idea how long it will actually take. A month? Three months? Half a year? I wish they would at least tell us.

Saber is famous for their lack of communication.
 
I never played the game but I've just learned that the soundtrack for it was released as a vinyl record collectable.

I'm thinking of getting this on eBay along with the art book if someone will offer it. Now more then ever since it may very soon be my only tangible memory of the game.
 
On the other hand when in a couple of years I decide to listen to a soundtrack to a game I can no longer play, it might be just too sad to enjoy…
 
Tim "the luckiest man in gaming" Willits responds.




On the other hand when in a couple of years I decide to listen to a soundtrack to a game I can no longer play, it might be just too sad to enjoy…

The song they did for Henry the Red kind of slaps as the kids like to say.


 
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1493750/view/501697399294526021

It's official:

An update regarding Evil Dead: The Game
We can confirm we've begun the process of removing the game from digital storefronts. Anyone who has purchased the game will still be able to play it as we plan to keep our servers online for everyone.

We want to extend a sincere thank you to our community, to those who have been part of the game from the very beginning, and those who have recently joined us. We appreciate all of your support.
 


Now that it is dying streamers who never gave it a chance are streaming matches to get those clicks, but the game is overrun by cheaters... and instead of prolonging the suffering of Evil Dead fans and asym players alike Saber needs to shut down the servers immediatly.
 
NO! Not before I gather the necessary materials for my Easter Egg video and screenshots of all the costumes!

Only 1 out of 6 matches I played earlier involved a non pc cheater, and the Witch was flying around at super sonic speeds... but the last Evil Ash was getting pissed we kept reviving each other. Henry is most op in the game with his unstoppable ability making him invincible for 7-8 seconds, but I kept getting stabbed in the damn back after it ran out with luck running out soon after when we ran out of Shemps. As far as outfits go Ash's funeral outfit is most fitting. Sadly we didn't get Ruby's, or the white outfit for an evil Ruby despite voice lines from Kelly and Pablo being leaked.

hqdefault.jpg


39843633555_5626a14937.jpg


ash-vs-evil-dead-season-03-portraits-photo005-1518806787134.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sadly we didn't get Ruby's, or the white outfit for an evil Ruby despite there being voice lines from Kelly and Pablo leaked.
So much missed potential... an Evil Ruby with the S1 and the S3 white outfits, maybe throw in the funeral attire to match Ash's... and Good Ruby could have had the black jacket/green shirt/brown hair look from her travels with Amanda in S1...
 
So much missed potential... an Evil Ruby with the S1 and the S3 white outfits, maybe throw in the funeral attire to match Ash's... and Good Ruby could have had the black jacket/green shirt/brown hair look from her travels with Amanda in S1...

Leader Ash, Henry, and Pablo each got 4 outfits... but it took forever to get Amanda's detective outfit when it too was leaked early on. Pablo got the mislabeled fish and chips outfit which is actually from Home at the start of season 2 in Jacksonville where they got Ash's party outfit from and we never got to see him shirtless. I mean Ray in real life is ripped and would have loved it, and they couldn't even pull that off. No Brandy, Chet, or Jake to running around screaming for Bobby Joe non stop. Saber pisses me off.

88b3f66e6d3db0657a519f5341df81b120ac99c6.gif
 
Totally awful - everyone I know who played it loved it. I never took to it, myself, but I feel bad for everyone that did.
 
Totally awful - everyone I know who played it loved it. I never took to it, myself, but I feel bad for everyone that did.

Played it from day of release making it all the way to level 1,015, and this game is without a doubt the best looking asym game ever made... but Saber Madrid did all the hard work. I honestly don't think I will ever go back to playing asyms after this.
 
Would I have preferred a singleplayer game with a decent story, gradual atmosphere, and interesting levels? Yes.
Is this the best way they could have done it as a multiplayer? Also yes.

Like even though I would love some things added to the game, for example some more jump scare options for the Demon like maybe laughing furniture or a laughing deer head inside houses so that it's not all just killing deadites, I was still very pleasantly surprised how well the multiplayer matches actually feel like Evil Dead. It's a different story with the Splatter Royal that's basically just PUBG with Evil Dead skin on it (which is maybe what ultimately killed the game) but the regular matches really are great.

It's also kind of crazy that this game even exists, considering the absolute mess that are the rights to the TV show and the individual movies. Like I would have never dreamed of a game that had a licence to basically everything Evil Dead. Not to mention the voice cast. Like everybody from the first movie and almost everybody from the show was back, not to mention that Joe LoDuca collaborated on the soundtrack. Even Richard DeManincor, who hasn't been in a movie since Crimewave, is in this. It's really insane when you think about it.

If you are a fan of the game and you're not ready to let it go, head over to the official Discord channel, because when the servers go down, we'll try to get a community one up. Apparently it's working for the Friday the 13th game, so maybe it could even for this one. Though I would still love for the official servers and the general player base to hold up at least until the end of the year. Even though I'm loving the game, it's kinda weird playing it in Spring. I just can't wait for trying it out on Halloween and I really hope that enough people will still play it by that point.
 
Would I have preferred a singleplayer game with a decent story, gradual atmosphere, and interesting levels? Yes.
Is this the best way they could have done it as a multiplayer? Also yes.

Like even though I would love some things added to the game, for example some more jump scare options for the Demon like maybe laughing furniture or a laughing deer head inside houses so that it's not all just killing deadites, I was still very pleasantly surprised how well the multiplayer matches actually feel like Evil Dead. It's a different story with the Splatter Royal that's basically just PUBG with Evil Dead skin on it (which is maybe what ultimately killed the game) but the regular matches really are great.

It's also kind of crazy that this game even exists, considering the absolute mess that are the rights to the TV show and the individual movies. Like I would have never dreamed of a game that had a licence to basically everything Evil Dead. Not to mention the voice cast. Like everybody from the first movie and almost everybody from the show was back, not to mention that Joe LoDuca collaborated on the soundtrack. Even Richard DeManincor, who hasn't been in a movie since Crimewave, is in this. It's really insane when you think about it.

If you are a fan of the game and you're not ready to let it go, head over to the official Discord channel, because when the servers go down, we'll try to get a community one up. Apparently it's working for the Friday the 13th game, so maybe it could even for this one. Though I would still love for the official servers and the general player base to hold up at least until the end of the year. Even though I'm loving the game, it's kinda weird playing it in Spring. I just can't wait for trying it out on Halloween and I really hope that enough people will still play it by that point.


The cabin has the laughing deer head that you can trap as a demon making it laugh if people try to walk over and pick up items near it, and Splatter Royal was largely a waste of time with a horde mode being a better option. The best finish I ever got was 3rd in Splatter, but the fact that you could play as anyone in it and use a chainsaw much like Ash by attaching it to your arm was odd when people begged them to make it so Mia could carry one. Now on Friday the 13th people were able to host their own matches peer to peer which is not possible in Evil Dead: The Game so when the servers go it goes.

Also while getting Bruce, Betsy, Dana, Ellen, Lucy, Ray, Rich, Shiloh, Theresa, etc... Saber showed they were impatient when it came to getting Jane Levy who said she would have been more than happy to voice Mia although she was switching agents at the time. Ted also reportedly recorded lines and Chet didn't make it into the game. Hell, they also missed out on Joel Tobeck for Baal who they interviewed.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom