Evil Dead: The Game has been delisted from Playstation Store and Epic Games

I always imagined Chet could be a support that spawns shemps the same way Pablo spawns amulets (maybe just with a longer cooldown). And that every time he opens a crate, everyone gets 1 extra pink F out of it.
There were 5 leaders and 5 supports. So it would have been logical to make Chet a hunter, and if they were to add someone else like Beth you could make her a warrior.
 
Last edited:
There were 5 leaders and 5 supports. So it would have been logical to make Chet a hunter, and if they were to add someone else like Beth you could make her a warrior.
I was kinda hoping for Chet as a support, Jake as a warrior, Bobby Joe as a hunter, and the Wiseman as a leader. Then you could add maybe Shiela as another hunter, Brandy as another warrior, and then maybe add Beth and Dalton later. Just so many options they could have gone with…
Henrietta isn't as bad as what they did to poor Brock in the game with that voice.
I hate what the did to Annie. I understand she has to look and sound different because Sarah Berry most likely didn't approve for them to use her likeness, but her character is so wrong. She is so whiny and boring and posh. Her and Ed are portrayed like these spoiled rich kids who play tennis and drink sparkling water. I don't mind as much with Ed who wasn't really a character in the film, so it's actually kind of fun that they made him a cross between a himbo and a nerd (if that even makes sense), but Annie really annoys me. She was actually fearless and confident in Evil Dead II which made her often clash with Ash in a fun and interesting way, but here she's just passive and annoying.
 
I was kinda hoping for Chet as a support, Jake as a warrior, Bobby Joe as a hunter, and the Wiseman as a leader. Then you could add maybe Shiela as another hunter, Brandy as another warrior, and then maybe add Beth and Dalton later. Just so many options they could have gone with…
Most were hoping Chet would be a hunter/support hybrid since Blacksmith was a warrior/support hybrid, and you could flip it around with Chet and Beth... but as the main person who was behind the creation of Pink F his thing would be collecting items to make it and showing up with the goodies when needed. The big issue was they needed more demons than survivors though, and I used to say that Jake and Bobby Joe would be the ultimate combo if they made calling for her his ability to give her a boost in melee. Saber missed out by not adding Evil Ruby and/or Sheila.
 
Most were hoping Chet would be a hunter/support hybrid since Blacksmith was a warrior/support hybrid, and you could flip it around with Chet and Beth... but as the main person who was behind the creation of Pink F his thing would be collecting items to make it and showing up with the goodies when needed. The big issue was they needed more demons than survivors though, and I used to say that Jake and Bobby Joe would be the ultimate combo if they made calling for her his ability to give her a boost in melee. Saber missed out by not adding Evil Ruby and/or Sheila.
I think the sweet spot would have been to have 6 Demons, 6 maps and 6 Survivors in each class. Maybe to even crank it up to 7 if they'd added all the characters we talked about plus some from Burn and later Wrath, while for Demons I think Abomination from 2013 and the Demon from Rise would have made the most sense.

When it comes to maps, I'd definitely want to see a post-apocalyptic map inspired by the end of AvED, maybe even a mix of that and the post-apocalyptic ending of AoD. Then maybe another AvED map, this time with the Williams house, Chet's bar, and the abandoned asylum, and then another AoD map from other parts of the kingdom – there was even some interesting concept art for this in the art book. Then maybe a Rise map would have been cool, similar to the AoD one, where it would be a smaller map but with a lot of vertical space with a couple of apartment buildings (though on the other hand, klimbing the Kandar Keep up and down is by far the most tedious part of the AoD map).

I find it very fun to think about stuff like this. To speculate about what they could have added. But it's at the same time also very frustrating since we know none of that will ever happen now.
 
I find it very fun to think about stuff like this. To speculate about what they could have added. But it's at the same time also very frustrating since we know none of that will ever happen now.
Halloween: The game comes out on September 8th, and we shall see if it manages to officially kill off Evil Dead and TCM in one shot... or if people have had enough of asym horror games when made by companies like Gun and Illfonic.
 
Halloween: The game comes out on September 8th, and we shall see if it manages to officially kill off Evil Dead and TCM in one shot... or if people have had enough of asym horror games when made by companies like Gun and Illfonic.
Have the Halloween developers already announced when the servers will get shut down? /s
 
Have the Halloween developers already announced when the servers will get shut down? /s
No word on any servers being shut down, but a number of Evil Dead players who still stream sound like they are nervous about it... and TCM players are playing random stuff including Caliber who has played Evil Dead in a couple of recent videos when he hadn't played since the early days.
 
No word on any servers being shut down, but a number of Evil Dead players who still stream sound like they are nervous about it... and TCM players are playing random stuff including Caliber who has played Evil Dead in a couple of recent videos when he hadn't played since the early days.
I think we've all been nervous about it for over a year now. Do you think that they know now something new? (other than the more time passes, the more likely the shutdown is to ocur)
 
I think we've all been nervous about it for over a year now. Do you think that they know now something new? (other than the more time passes, the more likely the shutdown is to ocur)
Good question, and I doubt it... but the feeling of nervousness is palpable within the group who have covered most of the asym horror games and if Illfonic and Gun to a lesser extent pull the same stunt by ending the game after a year (and they are making some of the same mistakes) it is going to end in pain for everyone outside of the DBD community.
 
Good question, and I doubt it... but the feeling of nervousness is palpable within the group who have covered most of the asym horror games and if Illfonic and Gun to a lesser extent pull the same stunt by ending the game after a year (and they are making some of the same mistakes) it is going to end in pain for everyone outside of the DBD community.
I think Saber drops Evil Dead some time after they release Hellraiser, so either at the end of the year or next year. Either way this Halloween should be safe. Turning this type of game off during the spooky season would be too... "publickly dickish", especially if they're also launching a new horror title.

Then again I've always had theories like this and so far I've always been wrong, so who knows.

BTW what's your nick in the game and also sorry if I've already asked that. :)
 
I have no idea how all the copyrights work, but I will continue to hold out the .01% chance that another company will buy the rights and create a sequel, especially if Wrath is successful. It was so unfortunate that Rise did such good numbers right at the same time Saber decided to start ramping down. So many missed opportunities to grow the game. I thought Ellie would've been such a cool demon.

I haven't played this game in maybe a year, but it might be time to squeeze in a session soon before I can't
 
I have no idea how all the copyrights work, but I will continue to hold out the .01% chance that another company will buy the rights and create a sequel, especially if Wrath is successful. It was so unfortunate that Rise did such good numbers right at the same time Saber decided to start ramping down. So many missed opportunities to grow the game. I thought Ellie would've been such a cool demon.

I haven't played this game in maybe a year, but it might be time to squeeze in a session soon before I can't
They would have to buy the OG game and develop it further because if they'd do a sequel, with new stuff and new voice acting, it would be without Bruce at this point. And I don't think that would be worth it.
 
BTW what's your nick in the game and also sorry if I've already asked that.
Sorry for the delayed response, and I have kind of bowed out of the asym/multiplayer games... but I have seen some of the Halloween play and it looks like a mash up of all the other Illfonic/Gun games so I'm not sure it will have a prolonged run either. I might just save my energy and money and wait for the inevitable GTA 6 extra special holiday deluxe edition to jump back in to gaming.
 
Sorry for the delayed response, and I have kind of bowed out of the asym/multiplayer games... but I have seen some of the Halloween play and it looks like a mash up of all the other Illfonic/Gun games so I'm not sure it will have a prolonged run either. I might just save my energy and money and wait for the inevitable GTA 6 extra special holiday deluxe edition to jump back in to gaming.
I'm not interested in Halloween because Evil Dead really is the only multiplayer game that I play and that I want to play. But I watched some of Halloween's gameplay and what struck me was that even though Evil Dead is at this point 4 and a half years old, it still looks better than TCM or Halloween. Like I don't really know that much about the genre, but I'm confident in saying that Evil Dead is probably the best looking asym out there. That game really shined just too bright.
 
Top Bottom