Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead 4K+Blu-Ray SteelBook coming in July, 2026

MCT28

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
6de6b51e-0d78-d546-b711-4291001ebff2.jpg
Sony is releasing Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead in a 4K+Blu-Ray limited edition SteelBook the same week as the theatrical release of Evil Dead Burn! July 7th, 2026.

DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS

4K ULTRA HD DISC

  • Feature presented in 4K with Dolby Vision, at a 1.33:1 aspect ratio
  • English 5.1 + English 2-Channel Surround

BLU-RAY DISC™
  • Feature presented in HD, at a 1.33:1 aspect ratio sourced from the 4K master
  • English 5.1 + English 2-Channel Surround
  • Special Features:
  • Commentary with Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell
  • Picture-in-Picture: Join Us! The Undying Legacy of The Evil Dead
  • One by One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of The Evil Dead
  • Treasures from the Cutting Room Floor
  • At the Drive-In
  • Discovering Evil Dead
  • Make-Up Test
  • 4 TV Spots
  • Theatrical Trailer
As far as I can tell, this isn't anything that hasn't been on any previous release. If it had the Ladies of The Evil Dead features, it would be exactly the same as the Anchor Bay 3-disk DVD from 2007.
 
Yep, this is why I haven't traded my Anchor Bay print in yet for something fancier.
 
Within The Woods will be released..... some day....
I remember reading somewhere (I can't remember where) that the only reason Within The Woods has never had an official release is because of copyright issues with some of the music used in the short including 'Street Life'. I sometimes wonder if Sam Raimi's instead (or also?) embarrassed of Within The Woods because it was so low budget and he doesn't want that in his legacy?. I'd love to watch a cleaned up version of his original print which would be more than possible these days.
 
SO basically Mary Valenti put a stop to it. For whatever reason.
 
Top Bottom