Evil Dead Figures Thread

It'll be interesting if the line-up is season 2-ish Ash, Henrietta and Kelly. I'm guessing wave 3 would be Ash, Baal and Pablo.
 
Sooo, old ash is getting a ultimate figure. (It's actually just a re-release of hero ash, with the accessories from the value stop ash, with only 1 new thing and it's just a photo of his car)  :-/


[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ash vs Evil Dead - 7" Scale Action Figure - Ultimate Ash
[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]From the hit STARZ TV series, Ash Vs Evil Dead! The series follows Ash, stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who spent 30 years avoiding responsibility, and the terrors of the Evil Dead. neca has given Ash the Ultimate action figure treatment—he comes with four interchangeable head sculpts, chainsaw, mechanical hand, wood hand, hand stump, photo of his car, and shotgun that fits in a back holster… Everything he needs to fight a plague of Deadites.
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The 7” scale figure is highly articulated and comes in collector-friendly deluxe window box packaging with opening flap and bonus lenticular cover.
[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Shipping Date: September 2017[/font]

(Photos in source)

 Source : http://necaonline.com/2017/06/ash-vs-evil-dead-7-scale-action-figure-ultimate-ash

Cool for people who missed out on the first wave, but at the same time it's kinda wired for them to re-release this figure again.
 
Sorry if I've missed it but ... are we getting a Lee Majors figure out of this ? .. I used to have a Lee Majors 6 Million Dollar man figure in the 70's, I'd quite like to complete the circle and get a new one.
 
Swofty said:
Sorry if I've missed it but ... are we getting a Lee Majors figure out of this ? .. I used to have a Lee Majors 6 Million Dollar man figure in the 70's, I'd quite like to complete the circle and get a new one.

I think the chances of that happening are slim to none, but never say never.
 
Joem1k said:
Swofty said:
Sorry if I've missed it but ... are we getting a Lee Majors figure out of this ? .. I used to have a Lee Majors 6 Million Dollar man figure in the 70's, I'd quite like to complete the circle and get a new one.

I think the chances of that happening are slim to none, but never say never.

I may be wrong but i recall neca saying that chances of that happening are very slim...

On the other hand and regarding the ultimate release of "old" ash, well, is a logical move, specially after the success of hero ash. In addition, it helps me thinking that maybe series 2 includes a radically different version of ash (jacket or asylum) or doesnt feature ash at all! (Kelly + creepy kid+henrietta?) Though that would be weird. Ultimate ash would be on shelves around same time though so,you never know...

Also, neca has stated on Twitter that sales from this ultimate version might help development of further figures in the line, so yeah,i would say that series 3 is a fact, since series 2 should be on production run at this time...
 
That's interesting. I'm wondering how well the product's moving in general if sales of the Ultimate Ash mean that much for future lines.
 
[img=300x225]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFIeG3lUwAEU9JI.jpg:large[/img]

Not really impressed with this 2nd wave  :dodgy:  was really hoping for pablo and kelly, oh well maybe next time, asylum ash looks cool i guess. Another thing is, why couldn't we have cheryl.

Source : https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/887805186172887040

more high res photo's here. 

Source : http://news.toyark.com/2017/07/19/sdcc-2017-gallery-neca-horror-figures-260381
 
I was thinking, I like those figures a lot. They're beautifully (okay probably wrong word for these horrific things?) detailed. But I think like Joem1k, the thought also occurred, why no Pablo and Kelly? Or Ruby, or for that matter, although her main presence was in Season 2.

Do the creators think they won't sell as well, as various versions of Ash and assorted monsters? Actually, they're probably right there, but would it be in such small numbers as to not warrant their production?

I wonder.

As these are premium (I. E. expensive) figures I suspect they'd sell just fine considering the customer base they're aimed at, but I'm hardly an action figure retail expert.

They don't have the big bad of Season 2, Baal (no that I'm particularly hankering for that character), but he just looks human.
 
Hah, I guessed right when it came to a season 2ish Ash!

the sculpts are fabulous, and I'll never say no to another Henrietta figure. Does Asylum Ash come with a tiny Ashy Slashy puppet?

@Mardeadite, I think you've got it precisely - Ash figures sell the best, so the formula is Ash plus villains you can display him with. Which is weird for this wave, as Ash doesn't encounter the Creepy Kids or Henrietta while dressed up this way.

It's also worth noting that Ash is getting a Kotobukiya Bishoujo statue. Yes really. And yes, this is the only AvED news we've gotten out of this year's SDCC...
 
Updated our figures section:

http://www.deadites.net/evil-dead-features/evil-dead-figures/
 
Good work, Kain!
 
@Lawless fan - they sadly said no Ruby figure in the future.

Here's a link to more pictures of the Evil Dead 2 Mezco Ash!
 
You're welcome!
 
@Lawlessfan - they mentioned it in a Tweet that Joe posted a few months ago:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/860476643005149184

I think it's a bad idea myself, because we know that Lucy's fanbase is big and strong and loyal and that Xena figures sold well; a Ruby figure seems like a no-brainer. The reason could be one of three things: the line in general is selling poorly, Lucy's likeness licencing fee is higher than they want to pay, or they subscribe to that old and-oft-repeated nonsense that figures of female characters don't sell well.
 
NECA is releasing another Ashy Slashy puppet. This time he's possessed!

Possessed-Puppet1.jpg


Details here: http://necaonline.com/2018/02/ash-vs-evil-dead-prop-replica-possessed-ashy-slashy-puppet/
 
Mezco also showed off their deluxe Ash:

tumblr_p4bxl0JeUj1r6eu3ko1_500.jpg


And final sculpts for more Evil Dead 2 and AvED figures. The paint job on that Evil Ed looks amazing!

Also here's some final versions of the above-linked Kotobukiya Bishoujo Ash:

27867834_2039114999438219_8302936365127155203_n.jpg


(Thank you to Elise for pointing out the links to these!)
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom