Finally visited the cabin location!

captainhair90123

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
I nearly got rained out. As soon as we drove into Morristown it started raining cats and dogs. That didn't stop me though. I trekked out into those woods, got soaked, and loved every minute of it! Even took some video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxDM1eHJ_0
Based on the pictures I've seen, this place has grown in even more. I'm surprised the path is still visible.
 
Hi c.h. .. I read a chat a while back on Deadites and a forum member was asking about a second cabin that can be briefly seen in ED1 .. I can't remember exactly but the cabin might have been in the last shot of the movie when Ash screams. Can anyone here help me out on this one?. Did you see another cabin or any remains? .. thanks for sharing THE cabin btw  :) 8)
 
Hi Swofty, I spotted that forum thread in your folders too. I'm guessing they mean one of the following two structures, probably the barn out the back of the cabin
 
Yep, you can see 2 structures in the post above (the barn and the outhouse, which I never noticed before). Then there is the work shed off to the side of the cabin. But today there is nothing to show that they were even there. No foundation work; no wood; nothing.
 
Great video. Posted your video on the front page.
 
Very nice video. I never get tired of seeing people make the pilgrimage to the old cabin... I'm amazed there are any signs left at all after all these years.
 
Thank you :) I love stopping by movie locations, along with haunted locations. It is getting to be a sad time now though. So many big locations are on the brink of being lost. There's hardly anything left of the cabin, the Night of the Living Dead chapel is slated for demolition if it doesn't raise the money to save it, the Dawn of the Dead airstrip might be torn down, and worst of all JC Penneys in the Monroeville Mall is being replaced with a movie theater. Sad that future generations won't be able to visit iconic places like these :-[
 
Before you all switch off, listen to what captainhair just said and donate a dollar to save the chapel house of Night of the Living Dead. They're getting closer to doing this:

http://www.fixthechapel.com/#!prettyPhoto/0/
 
Dude, thanks for sharing your video with us! Not everyone is so lucky to be able to visit the cabin location.
 
Top Bottom