Oz the Great and Powerful is basically Army of Darkness

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Location
NYC
I finally got around to watching it on blu-ray and have to say almost everything about the movie felt like Army of Darkness. Oz was basically cowardly Ash but later mans up. Theodora was basically Sheila and Evil Sheila. The winged baboons were the winged Deadite. It was nice to see the Ladies of the Evil Dead, Bruce, Ted Raimi, Danny Hicks, and Timothy Quill in the movie.
 
Danny was also in the film! But yes it was similar to AOD. Overall an enjoyable film and I loved seeing the old Evil Dead cast members.
 
Heh!  Most of the friends I have who've seen it so far say it's remarkably similar in structure to AOD, and I generally agree, though they added on
The Wizard's journey with Finley the Monkey and the China Girl to echo the original story.
  I kinda wish Sam had chosen to make one of Baum's other books from the series, like one of the Ozma tales, but it's fairly decent family entertainment.
 
Top Bottom