Splatterhouse 1988 Namco Japanese Violent & Gory Arcade Game

EvilDeadChainsaws

Loud Mouth Braggart
Staff member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Hi all, as some may know, I run www.bookofthedead.ws, and Evil Dead trilogy fansite. I've just added a new page detailing Splatterhouse, a 1988 Namco Japanese side-scrolling beat-em-up arcade game, which you can read about here;

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_splatterhouse.html

I mention it because Splatterhouse was one of the first truly gory arcade or home games, and for a few years, was probably the most violent, so some here may have played it at the time, or come across it since. On that page you can download a copy of the incredibly rare PC version of the game (which was picked up in Japan courtesy of a good friend and mailed over to me). It was a major personal influence getting me into horror when I was young, and a fond childhood memory.

Enjoy, and if anyone played it back in the early 90's post your thoughts!
 
:cool I played it a few times 'back in the day' and without checking, the hero had a Jason mask and yes it was very gory ... for side scroll games I prefered Ghost 'n' Goblins and Wonder Boy though .. Splatterhouse was great. I shall download thankyouverymuch  :)
 
Splatterhouse is one of those cool games that you hear about, but no one ever seems to have an actual copy of... I know the game has a few different iterations that all have one thing in common a certain disembodied hand we are all familiar with. 
 
Despite all the beautifully designed epic sprawling PS3 games, I'm glad PacMan is still more addictive than crack  :bigsmile .. no instructions or download required:

PacMan:

http://www.freepacman.org/welcome.php

Space Invaders:

http://www.freeinvaders.org/welcome.php

.... enjoy ! :cool
 
Yea i got the newer splatterhouse for xbox 360and it has the older games on it too very dope, very gory :thumbup
 
Top Bottom