Evil Dead Apparel | Officially Licensed Thread

Disappointingly weaksauce; at least Rise had an original design!
The Rise design was so great that I risked buying it even before I saw the movie.
FtmzkT_WwAIyNZ8.jpg
 
Me too! and it was worth it since I ended up actually liking this one.
 
Hey everyone. I have decided to start a catch-all thread for all officially licensed Evil Dead apparel and have merged all the shirt threads into this one. There's no need to create separate threads moving forward.
 
Whelp, BigBadToyStore has leaked at least one item that will be part of the upcoming AOD Fright Rags collection... an activity book coming in August! No page count number, but like all of Fright Rags' other activity books, it will come with crayons. I guess I gotta hold up my end of the deal and buy a few copies... but it's really not that bad with a $12 price tag...
jPZHMwh.jpeg
2AD4hAN.jpeg
Finally got my copies of the Fright Rags AOD Activity Book.
To give my completely honest opinion on it... it's not great. The artwork is fine. All the images are in the "thick line style" you see in the sample pages, and I personally am not a fan of that (I'm a details kind of guy). The image selections are the standard promotional ones that have been used in countless merch (including the ED2 one of Ash standing in the valley below the castle with his shotgun raised)... but there is one that is confusing the hell out of me:
Weird-Ash-Costume.jpg
WTF is this costume?!? At first I thought maybe it was from Evil Dead: The Game (like the AOD Ash "Sellsword" outfit) and nope, not there. It's not the "final battle" costume either... so what the hell?!? If anybody knows the story behind this, please tell me.

Back to the coloring book... it's a major downgrade compared to Space Goat's Evil Dead 2 Coloring & Activity book from 2017. At least with that there was a whopping 96 pages of content for $15... while the AOD book is 15 pages for $12. I'm suspecting that may be why there isn't a page count on the Fright Rags site for the coloring books.

Overall... I'm not mad, just disappointed. Is what it is, I'm sure some day I'll take a crack at coloring a few of the pics, but I'm in no rush to do so.
 
Studio House Designs officially licensed ED2 collection (minus the tie-dye variants). NGL I kinda like the first one with the Japanese text (and the Conan chainsaw) because it's very rare to see merch with the other characters besides Ash (at least in their human forms or not hidden in shadow).
e7yyOg6.jpeg
rdqpX5G.jpeg
1VeQiPI.jpeg
IZ6IVOB.jpeg
 
Top Bottom