The Random Evil Dead Related Merch & Prop Replicas Thread

Middle of Beyond (you know, that company that does the insanely expensive official ED2 apparel line?) has unleashed... the officially licensed Evil Dead 2 coffee.
o8SiPLl.jpeg
zXhL9ie.jpeg


This is not a joke, this is real. And to celebrate this franchise first, they also have an exclusive t-shirt that has a little mug Ash and the cabin.
OBsV8Fh.jpeg
UmF9bSN.jpeg
I like the T Shirt but I'm not paying £27 for one.
 
Evil Dead coffee sounds like the ultimate cash grab but the "swallow this" tagline almost makes it worth it.
We've had previous Evil Dead merch food items, I can't remember them all. One was a beer.

I sometimes regret not buying the Evil Dead condom that came in a mini Book Of The Dead booklet called 'The Necronomicondom' only because that was funny.
 
Two Deadite heads but no normal one? Even the NECA figures had alternative heads and hands for possessed/non-possessed Ash.
 
Chicago-based company Toynk has just announced/released what I believe is the first officially licensed Army of Darkness jigsaw puzzle. Looks pretty good except for the one behind the scenes image clearly showing the castle set in the background (top center and slightly to the right, right next to the one of Ash and Henry in the shackles).
p4YjGC6.jpeg
UFtfnHh.jpeg
sUUtruu.jpeg

Also, the "poster Ash" on the box is clearly ripped from this Cavity Colors shirt, not the actual poster (the pinkish tint gave that away):
AJAHca8.jpeg
 
Trick or Treat Studios (the company behind the Evil Dead 2 full-sized Necronomicon and Kandarian Dagger replicas, as well as the Evil Dead 2 and Ash vs Evil Dead mask line) now have the Army of Darkness license, and have announced a series of four masks for 2025: Ash, Evil Ash, Pit Witch, and Deadite Footsolider. No specific release date yet, but AOD now has a page on their website, so check back soon!
yhLYQJO.jpeg
Evil Ash, Pit Witch, and the Deadite Footsolider are out and in stores. Haven't seen anything about Ash yet.
 
An apparel company called Logovision has the Army of Darkness license, and has just released an official AOD beach towel and two new shirts. I found them on Target's website, and it says they're not sold in store.
QYSyAIJ.jpeg
yOuDNAp.jpeg
3ifJdeo.jpeg
 
Oh man I finally decided to order the Trick or Treat Necronomicon like two months ago and when I now wrote to the e-shop to ask what's the holdup, they told me that the manufacturer pushed the delivery date to like March 2026. So I guess they are doing a brand new batch of these?
 
Oh man I finally decided to order the Trick or Treat Necronomicon like two months ago and when I now wrote to the e-shop to ask what's the holdup, they told me that the manufacturer pushed the delivery date to like March 2026. So I guess they are doing a brand new batch of these?
That sounds about right. I think they do a new release every two years, and I got mine last year when they were re-solicited by Diamond Distribution, so 2026 makes sense.
 
The Trick or Treat Necronomicon has finally arrived.

The pages don't look as clean as I was worried, but I will still definitely try to make some DIY improvements, if for no other reason than to just add some volume to the book, because right now it really looks like a half empty binder. The latex really has a bit of a smell, but it's nothing horrible and I think that it will subside over time.

Overall this is a great "half way there" prop, where if you do some work on it (crackle up and age up the pages), it could really become something great. I don't have a problem with that, I'm actually looking forward to make a little DIY project out of this over the Holidays, but man, for something that's just "half way there", 120 bucks is pretty steep.
 
The Trick or Treat Necronomicon has finally arrived.

The pages don't look as clean as I was worried, but I will still definitely try to make some DIY improvements, if for no other reason than to just add some volume to the book, because right now it really looks like a half empty binder. The latex really has a bit of a smell, but it's nothing horrible and I think that it will subside over time.

Overall this is a great "half way there" prop, where if you do some work on it (crackle up and age up the pages), it could really become something great. I don't have a problem with that, I'm actually looking forward to make a little DIY project out of this over the Holidays, but man, for something that's just "half way there", 120 bucks is pretty steep.
There's a certain type of oil that can be used to pro-long the life of latex otherwise rubber vulcanises over time, foam latex is the worst because that starts to crumble.

I wish I'd paid attention to that advice when I bought my foam latex Necronomicon DVD a couple of decades ago. People in the U.S. were complaining that theirs were starting to crumble within a couple of years .. mine took a couple of decades to start doing the same thing because I didn't protect it with the oil.
 
I wish I'd paid attention to that advice when I bought my foam latex Necronomicon DVD a couple of decades ago. People in the U.S. were complaining that theirs were starting to crumble within a couple of years .. mine took a couple of decades to start doing the same thing because I didn't protect it with the oil.

Yup. My original Book of the Dead edition of the first movie dried up completely and literally crumbled to dust, all that's left of it now are the carton pages and the disc itself. Had no idea it would do that over time. If I knew I wouldn't even have bought the damn thing. That – along with the crappy cropped widescreen transfer of the movie itself – makes the original Book of the Dead edition one of the worst home releases of The Evil Dead ever, in my opinion. Everyone rightfully still lost their minds over it when it came out only because it was the first big special edition of the movie and it looked great, but it really wasn't a very good product. I also got caught in the hype and ended up regretting it. It didn't take long for me to go back to my cheap brazilian edition of the movie, which remained my preferred version to watch for the rest of the DVD era.
 
Last edited:
Yup. My original Book of the Dead edition of the first movie dried up completely and literally crumbled to dust, all that's left of it now are the carton pages and the disc itself. Had no idea it would do that over time. If I knew I wouldn't even have bought the damn thing. That – along with the crappy cropped widescreen transfer of the movie itself – makes the original Book of the Dead edition one of the worst home releases of The Evil Dead ever, in my opinion. Everyone rightfully still lost their minds over it when it came out only because it was the first big special edition of the movie and it looked great, but it really wasn't a very good product. I also got caught in the hype and ended up regretting it. It didn't take long for me to go back to my cheap brazilian edition of the movie, which remained my preferred version to watch for the rest of the DVD era.
I've never seen the Brazilian edition. What makes that one stand out in your eyes?.
 
Yup. My original Book of the Dead edition of the first movie dried up completely and literally crumbled to dust, all that's left of it now are the carton pages and the disc itself. Had no idea it would do that over time. If I knew I wouldn't even have bought the damn thing. That – along with the crappy cropped widescreen transfer of the movie itself – makes the original Book of the Dead edition one of the worst home releases of The Evil Dead ever, in my opinion. Everyone rightfully still lost their minds over it when it came out only because it was the first big special edition of the movie and it looked great, but it really wasn't a very good product. I also got caught in the hype and ended up regretting it. It didn't take long for me to go back to my cheap brazilian edition of the movie, which remained my preferred version to watch for the rest of the DVD era.
I imagine the Evil Dead 2 foam latex 'screaming eyeball' push button case hasn't lasted either for the same reasons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Top Bottom