So a couple of months ago I found out that somebody made a
LEGO MOC of Sam's Classic that looks pretty good. And because I always thought it would be cool to have something Evil Dead from LEGO (especially because they'll never release anything officially), I decided to buy the instructions from ReBrickable, where I also bought the needed parts. More specifically, I only bought the parts I didn't already own, thinking I could also use parts from some of my old sets. Though on paper that sounds like a good idea, the process of going through my old LEGO box and finding individual needed pieces was very time consuming and much more inefficient than if I'd just bite the bullet and bought all the pieces at once (though at least it was an interesting project for a couple of evenings).
I built the MOC and made some adjustments to it (which required buying even more parts, though ReBricable services are extremely efficient in this regard). I made the model more sturdy and completely re-done the back window and the back interier, which were the only parts of the original MOC that I didn't really like.
I then bought a
LEGO minifig-scale Necronomicon from The Printed Brick and an Ash minifigure with a chainsaw and a boomstick from some Chinese slop shop that I already forgot the name of (I usually don't like to buy stuff from such sites, but it seemed like the overall best option at the time). The minifig ended up OK. It looks great, but was clearly made from a cheaper plastic than what LEGO uses, so we'll see if it's gonna crumble to dust in a year or two. The Necronomicon, on the other hand, is amazing. It's a standard LEGO book double piece, only with a custom print for the outside and the inside.
Overall this was a fun project and it's now a great part of my small LEGO collection, mostly composed of other pop-culture vehicles (like James Bond's Austin Martin or the Batman: TAS Batmobile). And the funny thing is, LEGO could still release an official model of the Classic if they'd sell it as Uncle Ben's car in a Spider-Man set, though that's still very unlikely to ever happen.
Check out more photos here!
PS: You can buy the full MOC also from AliExpress and while I'm not sure about the quality of the bricks themselves, I know that the instructions are just stolen, without any approval from or any compensation to the original designer (I even contacted them on ReBricable to make sure that it's actually the case). So that's just another reason why I usually don't buy anything from this type of stores.